The Best Options For Excess Fat Removal
Many people suffer from unwanted, diet and exercise-resistant fat which can feel like a huge problem to some cosmetic surgery patients. Whether it’s a persistent pocket of fat from pregnancy, excess fat pockets around the thighs that won’t budge or even some people can’t get rid of the fat around the flanks. At the end of the day, localised fat can be extremely difficult to get rid of permanently so people take other measures to permanently get rid of these pockets. In this article, we will go through some of the best options for excess fat removal in three different forms including a non-surgical method that is getting popular.
A helpful tip before we start is that before you have any of the treatments, it’s best to have all your children and be at a weight where you can’t get rid of the stubborn pockets of fat as this will obviously come back if you are not on a healthy balanced diet, finished having children or haven’t stopped putting on weight.
How To Prepare For Excess Fat Removal Surgery?
- Firstly, you must ensure that you have full health as you will be under general anaesthetic. If you are unwell, consult with your surgeon to reschedule as this could cause complications.
- Smoking hinders recovery times and can also cause complications with blood flow so it is advised that you stop at least two weeks before surgery.
- If you are on any sort of aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplements, then you should stop before the surgery, if you do take these, we will need to do some routine tests before the surgery.
- You should aim to book off at least 2 weeks pending on the type of surgery you have.
Abdominoplasty, also known as a ‘tummy tuck‘ is one of the leading invasive surgeries for excess fat removal as well as to rejuvenate the abdominal area. Abdominoplasty is usually performed for patients who have lost a lot of weight and need the removal of excess fat and skin or to remove excess tissue following childbirth.
What Is Abdominoplasty Surgery Like?
- Removing the excess fat with Abdominoplasty will take around 1.5 and 2.5 hours to perform.
- The incision is made above the pubic bone and pending on the type of surgery, it can be extended to each hip bone.
- The skin is separated from the under tissue from the pubic region up to the ribs.
- Excess fat is removed from the lower abdomen, if the upper abdomen needs excess fat removing then there will be another incision running from your ribs downwards.
- The fascia over the stomach muscles is tightened to provide a much firmer abdomen without damaging the muscles improving the contour.
- The skin is stretched down, the excess skin is removed and the belly button is relocated.
- The incisions are closed together with dissolvable stitches.
- When you are awake, you will find you are dressed in a compression layer to keep everything secure.
Liposuction surgery is another popular process for excess fat removal from the body. The great thing about this excess fat removal surgery is that it can be done on any part of the body and be combined with other surgeries, that is why it is so vastly popular. The surgery is suited for people with stable body weight and for stubborn excess pockets of fat that need to be removed.
What Is Liposuction Surgery Like?
- For the removal of excess fat through liposuction surgery, it will usually take between 1 and 2 hours.
- Rather than being under general anaesthetic, an anaesthetic fluid will be placed in the stubborn excess fat area to numb.
- An incision is then made in the fatty area which is no more than 1cm.
- A cannula is then used to remove the excess fat.
- Once the excess fat is removed, the area will be dressed with dissolvable stitches and a compression dressing.
CoolSculpting is a procedure known as cryolipolysis which is becoming more popular due to it being a non-invasive procedure to remove excess fat. It works by having rolls of fat being placed between two plates that cool the excess fat to a freezing temperature.
This doesn’t work as well as surgery but for people who have a minimal amount of fat they want removed, this is perfect. It removes around 25% of the excess fat and it doesn’t look different overnight. It takes a couple of weeks before the changes are notable, some even get a second or third treatment so that they reach their goal. This can be done on the thighs, lower back, belly and sides which some people get all of them done to remove the excess fat from their body.
This treatment takes an hour to treat each body part and will need more than one go to remove all the excess fat you want.
If you would like more information on any of our excess fat removal options then you can contact us via our contact form. You can also contact us on 0161 401 4064.