While we recover from the COVID-19 outbreak and in order to protect patient safety we are encouraging all patients to consider virtual consultations. Please contact us by clicking the link below and filling out our contact form for further details about arranging a virtual or face to face consultation. CONTACT US
Increasingly the importance of individual consultant’s data is required for both patients, providers and insurance companies. As clinicians we must be more transparent regarding information relating to outcomes. This has been highlighted by the competition commission.
Individual consultant’s figures can vary year on year and a more robust way to analyze data is over a 5 year period. For revalidation that occurs every 5 years it is essential that consultants are revalidated on the individual procedures they are trained to do and carry out.
All consultants undergoing procedures must regularly audit their figures and validate these figures against the data held by providers. In doing so the patients will not only be offered procedures by consultants on theGMC specialist register for that speciality but will also be aware of the consultants individualised figures when making a choice to have a procedure with them.
All consultants must undergo validated patient and colleague multisource feedback. Although this data is required for revalidation the information is rarely available to patients. As part of the process doctors must also rate themselves.
At the BMI Alexandra Hospital of the last 1500 patients undergoing aesthetic procedures carried out by Mr Ross as validated by the BMI there have been no cases of mortality, no cases of MRSA, no cases of DVT or PE, 5 cases of infection and 7 patients that have had a complication requiring a return to theatre.
Over the last 10 years Mr Ross has performed 589 body contouring procedures. There have been no cases of DVT or PE, no cases of mortality, 1 case of haematoma, <1% infection rate, <1% seroma rate and a <2% surgical revision rate. There have been no cases of wound dehiscence and over 99% of patients were discharged on the same day or the day after surgery.
Over the last 10 years Mr Ross has performed 1467 breast procedures of which 1402 were reconstructive or cosmetic in nature and 65 oncological in nature. For reconstructive breast surgery free flap re-exploration was <5% and free flap success >95%. Local flap success >99%, mastectomy skin necrosis <3%, implant failure at 30 days <1%, haematoma <1%. DVT/PE <1% and no cases of mortality, <1% seroma rate. For cosmetic breast surgery haematoma <1%, infection< 1%, surgical revision <2%. For breast augmentation (768) the rate of revision was <2% with a median follow up of 58 months.
Over the last 10 years Mr Ross has performed 1675 head and neck procedures. There have been no cases of DVT or PE, no cases of mortality, <1% haematoma rate, <1% infection rate, <1% wound healing problems and a <1% surgical revision rate. Overall haematoma rates for facelifting <2%, the rate of permanent facial palsy was 0%, temporary weakness <2%, haematoma <2% with 0% wound breakdown and <1% revision rate. For blepharoplasty 0% blindness, 0% diploplia, <2% temporary ectropian, 0% permanent ectropian, 1% revision rate. Otoplasty/ Ear correction 0% complications, 0% revision. Rhinoplasty revision rate 5%.
Over the last 10 years 3877 skin oncology and reconstructive procedures
were performed under Mr Ross’s care. Oncological excision of biopsy proven Basal Cell Carcinoma and biopsy proven primary cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma surgically excised by Mr Ross = 100% with no cases of local or nodal recurrence and a 5 year disease free survival of 100%. Melanoma excision performed by Mr Ross showed <1% local recurrence, sentinel node biopsy false negative rate <5%, complications following sentinel node biopsy <5%, recurrence following block dissection <1%.
Mr Ross has performed over 100 anti – wrinkle treatments with botulinum toxin and over 100 cases of fillers (non autologous and autologous) over the last 5 years with no adverse reactions or side effects.