Choosing a facelift surgeon and undergoing facial rejuvenation surgery
Choosing to undergo facial rejuvenation surgery means picking a facelift surgeon that you feel can offer you the best service. It is important to pick a plastic surgeon who you feel has the right skills and experience to provide you with the best results possible.
A facelift can have a remarkable effect on the patient’s self-esteem and is often an option for men and women who are over the age of 45 and are unhappy with sagging skin in the mid or lower section of the face.
There are multiple benefits to choosing facelift surgery over nonsurgical options, and it is widely acknowledged that facelift procedures will have a much better long-term results for the patient.
Different types of facelift surgery
Asked with several facial rejuvenation procedure is, when it comes to a facelift there is no one size fits all procedure. There are several different types of facelift surgery which can be made available, and which one is most suitable to your needs can be determined during a consultation.
A mini facelift is designed to lift an area of the face but not the whole face. In contrast, a full facelift, otherwise known as the traditional facelift, is designed to lift the entire face. You can find out more information about both of these types of facelift surgery on the treatment pages.
Things to consider when choosing a facelift surgeon
1. Qualifications and experience – are they a member of a safety organisation like BAAPS or BAPRAS?
2. Your surgeon should be polite, helpful and understanding.
3. Does the surgeon appreciate your goals?
4. Ask to see previous cases if you feel this would help you.
5. Do not commit to undergoing facelift surgery or any other form of facial rejuvenation surgery unless you feel completely comfortable with the surgeon during consultation.
6. You should be given time to consider whether facelift surgery is indeed to the right option for you, and so a second consultation should be booked a week or so later if you wish to move forward.
Facelift surgery is not suitable for everybody and it is unlikely you will be offered this form of anti-ageing procedure if you are under 45 or deemed not needing of such treatment.
Each case should be handled individually and it is inevitably up to the patient whether he or she chooses to move forward and book facelift surgery in future.
More information and booking a consultation
More information on facelift surgery or any of the other surgical procedures offered by Mr Ross can be found on the treatment pages. Follow the navigation bar and research the treatment or treatments you would like to book an appointment for.
During your consultation you can find out any further information that you feel would be useful in helping you make your decision. Please email the clinic directly if you have any questions relating to facelift surgery or want to book a consultation.